Founded to provide compassionate, clinical, end-of-life care, The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County has been caring for our community since 1979.
Our Hospice believes in equitable access to care for all. We provide specialized wrap-around services to adults, children, and their caregivers, in the setting of their choice – whether it be in our Residences or in their home.
With only partial government funding, it has been through the generous support of our volunteers and our community that we have continued to provide memorable care, meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients and their loved ones.
Support for The Hospice, Erie Shores Campus
The Hospice of Windsor Essex County and the Erie Shores Health Foundation have an agreement to ensure the operations and funding of The Hospice, Erie Shores Campus Residence and Welcome Centre. The Hospice operates all programs and services. The Erie Shores Health Foundation fundraises the operational expenses that are not covered by government funding.
We respectfully acknowledge that the Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Erie Shores Campus occupies the traditional, ancestral and contemporary lands of the Caldwell First Nation in Leamington. These are the original People of Pelee Island, Point Pelee, and what is now known as Southern Ontario.
Additionally, the Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Windsor Campus occupies the traditional, ancestral and contemporary lands of Three Fires Confederacy (Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi). We acknowledge the land and the surrounding waters for sustaining us and we are committed to protecting and restoring these lands and waters from environmental degradation.
Putting your needs at the centre of every interaction.
A specialized and recognized team delivering memorable care.
- Compassion – We believe in the palliative experience and we wrap our arms around clients, families and caregivers
- Support – We are there for our clients, meeting them wherever they are
- Respect – We have respect for our clients, our volunteers, our donors, our partners and each other
- Inclusiveness – We honour diversity and believe in equity for all
- Accountability – We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of quality, transparency, stewardship and governance
- Trust – We build and maintain trust through our expertise and integrity with our partners, clients, and families
- To be widely recognized as experts in palliative care.
- Improve our community’s understanding of Hospice Palliative Care, including how to access Hospice services.
- Ensure our team builds on current palliative care expertise through educational opportunities.
- To receive increased, sustainable funding for our core programs and services.
- Work closely with our partners to reduce gaps and redundancies in service offerings.
- Enhance our technology to support our own team, as well as our partners, clients and families.
Accessibility & Privacy
The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County is committed to ongoing strategic planning and quality improvement.
For more information about our strategic priorities, please download a copy of the PDF below.
Our Hospice History
“If These Walls Could Talk”
Take a look at this virtual tour showcasing the basement of our Windsor Residence, and highlighting more than 40 years of Hospice history!
For a verbal description or walk through of the “If These Walls Could Talk” video, please contact our Hospice at 519.974.7100 or email@example.com and our team would be happy to provide support.
Hospice Style Guide
Click on the link below to view the official Hospice Style Guide.
Click on the links below to download the official Hospice Logos.
Audited Financial Statements and AGM Program Books