A nurse walks with an elderly man

About Hospice's Funding


Chart showing 43% of funding throught the government and 57% through donations


Your Hospice of Windsor-Essex is blessed with the support of a caring community, but we need your help.

We must raise $1.9 million every year to continue providing compassionate care for our community.

100% of the care and support we provide is at no cost to patients, clients and their families.

Receiving only 43 percent of our operating funds from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, we rely on donations from our community to fund the remaining 57 percent.





Where Does the Money Go?


Two Hospice Residential Homes

The Residential Homes function as a home away from home, providing clinical expertise and care, while allowing families and loved ones to no longer be caregivers, and enjoy their time together.

Community Palliative Medicine Program

Our clinical teams provide care of patients, and their family members and caregivers, in the comfort of their own home setting.

Wellness Programs
and Services

Palliative Care goes way beyond just clinical needs. We support patients and families with programs such as peer support groups, coping with illness, gentle exercise, and grief and bereavement throughout their journey.

The Hospice For Life Foundation and Services

Supporting our Foundation means supporting Hospice today, and tomorrow. With fundraising required each and every year, supporting our endowment helps us ensure our Hospice is here for our community, now, and into the future.



What Does This Money Help?


Your gift helps cover the cost of personal care products, medical equipment, supplies, and furnishings for the Hospice Residential Homes.


Your gift gives residents nutritious and delicious food, including snacks and coffee for the families, kitchen supplies, and equipment.

Comfort and

Your gift helps keep residents comfortable and connected by covering the cost of utilities, cable, phone, and wireless internet.

Safety and

Your gift helps cover the cost of laundry and housekeeping, ongoing maintenance, safety, and security.


Hospice Care Now, and Into the Future

Your gift helps support our endowment, which ensures Hospice care never stops – for your family, and for future generations.