Founded to address compassionate end-of-life care, The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Inc. has been an integral part of the Windsor Essex region since 1979.
The Hospice provides care at no cost in our two Hospice Residential Homes (Windsor and Erie Shores/Leamington), through the Community Palliative Medicine Program and through our Wellness Programs and Services. With only partial government funding, it has been through the generous support of our community that Hospice has become the first palliative hospice village in North America. Over time, The Hospice has adapted to meet the needs of the community, and continues to address the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and their families, now and into the future.
Our mission is to support, educate and empower those who are affected by or are caring for a person with a life-altering diagnosis, in order to achieve their desired quality of life.
Our vision is to be an oasis of peace, comfort and trust supporting the whole person with respect, compassion and empathy
• To be true to our roots: hospitable, accepting and welcoming, responding to the needs of all who contact The Hospice;
• To respond to our patients’ and family members’ needs respecting their gender, age, race, culture, religion, creed or sexual orientation and identification;
• To provide the highest quality of service;
• To always place the needs of patients and families first;
• To be non-judgemental, flexible, open-minded and trustworthy;
• To value good stewardship and partnerships;
• To collaborate, coordinate, communicate and be consistent;
• To be a leader in research, innovation and education;
• To encourage the personal and professional development of our staff;
• To recognize the value of volunteers.
The Hospice of Windsor & Essex County Inc. is committed to ongoing strategic planning and quality improvement. Currently, the Board of Directors has established a strategic plan spanning years 2016 - 2021.
For more information about our strategic plan, please download a copy of the PDF guide below.