Client / Patient / Family Bill of Rights
The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Inc. believes that it is important for clients, patients and family members to know, understand and be able to exercise their rights and responsibilities as they relate to the services and programs provided by Hospice.
As individuals and families you have the right to:
- Be treated with respect and courtesy, regardless of your age, colour, creed or cultural background.
- Privacy considerations regarding your personal needs.
- Have information regarding your concerns provided in a language you can understand and in terms you can understand.
- Be a partner in the development of plans concerning your care.
- Know that we will keep information about you confidential, unless you have signed the applicable consent form to share information with others- internally and externally - participating in the provision of service according to your care plan.
- Know the identity and profession of those responsible for your care.
- Express any concerns, written or verbal, without fear of services being compromised.
- Expect reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs or handicaps in accordance with the law.
- Give or refuse consent to the provision of a community service.
As an agency, The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Inc. expects that clients/patients/family members have a responsibility to:
- Provide accurate information regarding your care
- Be considerate to all those providing, or participating in your care or service plan.
- Be responsible for all personal property and valuables.
- Participate in the care planning objectives
If I have a concern or complaint about the services rendered by The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Inc, its employees or volunteers, I know I can contact the Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Inc. verbally or in writing to the attention of: the Executive Director.