The Hospice is committed to providing holistic services to patients and their families, whatever their needs may be. Our Spiritual Care Services provides multi-faith spiritual and/or religious guidance to patients, family members and staff.
The Hospice Chaplains work hand in hand with our clinical team to make sure patients’ needs are assessed and addressed at every stage of treatment. Chaplains can offer an open, sensitive and non-judgmental presence, with an acceptance of different beliefs, cultures and values. We aim to support the needs of every patient with compassionate care.
Spiritual care services are available to patients and families at no charge, during any stage of their journey. Types of services may include:
- Education about spiritual health and well being
- Reconciliation ministry
- Spiritual care treatments integrated into the patient care plan goals
- Communications and teamwork with the faith community of patients, upon request
- Bereavement ministry with the dying and their loved ones
- Spiritual assessments and/or interventions
- Facilitated connections to communities within the patients faith
- Ethical consultations with the patient and family
- Spiritual care for patients with life-altering diagnoses in or outside the home
Please contact Rev. Paul Sharrow for more information about how to access Spiritual Care Services at Hospice at 519.974.7100.