Volunteering with the Hospice may be one of the most fulfilling things you ever do.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities in areas such as patient care, the Hospice Residential Home, special events or administrative support. Whatever your passion is, we can help you to express it through service to the Hospice! Our volunteers are an essential part of Hospice, we would not be able to offer all of our programs and services at no cost to the community without generous people like you!
Some of the benefits of becoming a patient care or Hospice Residential Home volunteer include:
- Share the "journey" with patients and families
- Cultivate compassion, communication and caring
- Work as a member of our interdisciplinary team, providing direct patient care
- Obtain a better understanding of life, death and bereavement
- Become certified in our comprehensive patient care training
Some of the benefits of becoming a special events volunteer include:
- Support fundraising and community engagement initiatives to ensure that programs and services remain available to all patients and families at no cost
- Attend some of the biggest and most popular events in Windsor and Essex County
- Develop event planning and management skills
- Gain valuable public relations and communications skills
Some of the benefits of becoming an administrative support volunteer include:
- Help to ensure that all programs and services remain available to patients and families at no cost
- Develop or maintain excellent computer, filing, switchboard or other administrative skills
- Gain valuable work experience
Please contact us at 519.974.7100 for more information about the perfect volunteer opportunity for you.